The Target and Normal Tissue Definitions group, led by Dr. Jean Moran and Dr. Corey Speers, worked to identify good practices for use of IMRT in breast cancer treatment.
Areas of Focus:
- Breast IMRT Working Group: identify good practices
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation Project: comprehensive review of patient, tumor, and technical treatment factors
- Planning Study: use of a standard dataset to compare variations in planning by institution
- Reduction of cardiac dose
- Definition of normal lung